- 1 kg of chicken (boneless if required)
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ cup of roasted coconut (ground)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 large onions – finely diced
- 2 heaped tbsp. GC Xacuti Masala Powder
- 165ml coconut milk
- Wash, dry and cut chicken into small pieces.
- To the chicken, add salt, mix thoroughly and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, lightly toast the ground coconut stirring at regular intervals (until golden brown) and keep aside.
- In a large saucepan, fry the onions until caramelized.
- Add the chicken to the pan and the GC Xacuti Masala Powder, coconut milk, the ground roasted coconut and stir thoroughly.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a medium heat until chicken is cooked and gravy has thickened.