- 2.2kg – pork (belly)
- 0.45kg – pork liver
- 0.22kg onions (finely diced)
- 115ml vegetable oil
- GC Sorpotel Masala Paste
- Stock boiled pork – hot water
- Vinegar (to taste) – Goa vinegar if available
- Salt (to taste)
- Sugar/Jaggery (to taste)
- Cashew fenny (optional)
- Boil the belly pork with sufficient water on a medium low heat with 2 tbsp. salt and 1 tbsp. of vinegar for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Drain the pork and keep water (stock) aside.
- Cut the pork belly into very small cubes (about 1cm sq) and shallow fry in small batches. Keep any excess oil as this is needed later in the recipe.
- Boil the liver until nearly cooked and then drain excess water.
- Cut the liver in small cubes like pork and again shallow fry, removing any excess oil.
- Mix both the pork and liver together in a bowl before continuing to the next step.
- In a saucepan, fry the onion until caramelized (using the oil from earlier), then add the pork and liver and stir.
- Add 3 tbsp of the GC Sorpotel Masala Paste and mix thoroughly.
- Add the stock and if required top up with hot water to ensure the meat is covered.
- Cook on a medium heat for approx. 20-30 minutes or until gravy thickens, stirring every 5 mins.
The flavour can be adjusted to taste by adding additional masala paste, vinegar, salt, sugar or Goan cashew fenny if available.
Serving suggestion: serve with Sannas and Pilau Rice.